Course: Disciplined Agile Lean Scrum Master (DALSM)
- 2-day: For Professionals Experienced in Agile (Scrum) and Lean
- 3-day: For Professionals Experienced in Agile (Scrum) or Lean
- 4-day: For Professionals new to Agile
Professionals with 2+ years of experience
Weekday and weekend batches at convenient timings.
When you start adopting an Agile way of working, reality quickly proves to be much more complex than expected.
Do you need to employ concepts such as eliminating waste, cost of delay, quality, rapid feedback and response, and the role of management? Would you like to understand all aspects of Disciplined Agile, including its conceptual basis, how it is organized, roles and team structures, and its overall scope?
As a team leader you strive to be more agile and help your team be more productive. To succeed, you need an agile mindset, combined with leadership and team management skills. At the same time need to do so within the context of your organization and its culture.
Disciplined Agile Lean Scrum Master (DALSM)
If you are wondering whether you can start with Disciplined Agile, then our solid answer is YES! You Can!
You do not have to make a huge, and often risky, change to your way of working. You could instead choose to make small, safe improvements over time.
DALSM is the right step for you to start your journey with Disciplined Agile.
The Disciplined Agile Lean Scrum Master (DALSM) training and certification provides tools and strategies to help you lead an agile team, influence people, remove impediments and to tailor your team’s way of working (WoW) so it matches and reflects the unique situation of your unique team.
Post-training support and mentoring
The Disciplined Agile Lean Scrum Master course is for people who:
- Are new to agile or who have taken some agile training in the past but may not have had the opportunity to apply what they have learned in practice – or –
- Wish to gain a detailed understanding of how agile works from the team to the enterprise level – or –
- Want to hone their existing Scrum Master skills – or –
- Need to lead an agile or lean team in an enterprise setting
DALSM course is delivered via a 2, 3- or 4-day configuration, depending on the needs of the students, and is potentially made up of the following modules:
- Disciplined Agile Foundations of Agile (one day) – optional, for professionals new to agile
- Disciplined Agile Foundations of Lean (one day) – optional, for professionals new to lean
- Foundations of Disciplined Agile (one day)
- Choosing Your WoWTM (Way of Working) (one day)
Accordingly, determine where you are based on your knowledge and experience, then choose from one of the following course options:
- 4-day: Students who are new to agile – OR – those wishing to be a Certified Discipline Agile Instructor (CDAI)
- 2-day: Understanding of both agile (Scrum) and lean fundamentals, preferably with experience working on agile teams
- 3-day with Lean: Understanding of agile (Scrum) fundamentals, preferably with experience working on agile teams
- 3-day with Agile: Understanding of Lean fundamentals, preferably with experience working on lean agile teams
Foundations of Agile:
- Apply an iterative way of working inside your team
- Describe the artifacts, roles and ceremonies of an iterative way of working
- Utilize a work board and information radiator
- Write user stories and estimate them
- Gather requirements in a collaborative way
Foundations of Lean:
- Learn the foundations of Lean: the attention to structure, time, and education
- Learn the principles of Lean
- Learn the time aspect of Lean
- Conduct a value stream mapping exercise
- Learn what an effective organization’s value stream looks like
- Discuss the role of management and their effect on culture
- Describe how to use plan-do-study-act (PDSA) for continuous improvement
Foundations of Disciplined Agile:
- Discover the basic elements and scope of Disciplined Agile.
- Understand the full range of business agility
- Learn how to organize people into agile teams
- Understand where you fit into an agile team or organization.Organize the flow of work within a team and across teams
- See how teams can work differently yet still be governed consistently
Choosing Your WoWTM (Way of Working):
- Demonstrate how to lead your team through a tailoring workshop to identify their initial way of working (WoW).
- Select the best-fit lifecycle for your team
- Choose the Disciplined Agile goal diagrams that are most relevant to your team’s situation
- Apply the relevant goal diagrams to identify techniques and practices that are most likely to work in your team’s context
- Improve retrospectives by using tools from Disciplined Agile to identify techniques that will more accurately address your current challenges
- Be a Certified Disciplined Agilist (CDA) or Certified Disciplined Agile Practitioner (CDAP) in good standing
- Have 2 or more years of active experience on agile teams in a lead role (Product Owner, Team Lead/Scrum Master, Architecture Owner)
- Have references from two separate agile teams (ideally in which the DA toolkit was applied)
After passing the Disciplined Agile Certification Test you will be awarded the Certified Disciplined Agilist (CDA) designation.
Based on your experience with agile teams, you may apply for the following designations:
- with PMI-ACPor references for a minimum 2 years agile team experience – Certified Disciplined Agile Practitioner (CDAP)
- with references for a minimum 2 years agile team lead experience as a Team Lead, Scrum Master, Product Owner or Architecture Owner – Disciplined Agile Lean Scrum Master (DALSM)
- Students to purchase and use during the workshop: Choose Your WoW!: A Disciplined Agile Delivery Handbook for Optimizing Your Way of Working (WoW) by Scott Ambler & Mark Lines
- Attendees earn the designation of Disciplined Agilist.
- One free attempt of the Disciplined Agile Certification Test when taken within 30 days of the course end date
- Earn 14/21 PDUs
Learn from the industry experts
Brajesh C Kaimal
CDAI, DALSM, PMP
Senior leader with about 28 years of rich experience in Product and Project Management, and Quality consulting. Particularly interested in organizational systems for efficiency improvement, project monitoring and control. Key competencies include Leadership development, Project Management and high level of customer and team engagement
CDAI, DALSM, PMP, Master Black Belt,
SAFe Practitioner, ITIL
With 21 years of IT experience, Santhosh Udayanan has performed multiple senior roles such as Chief Technology Officer, Chief Delivery Officer and Head of Service Delivery with EY, IBS and Project Management Institute (PMI). He was associated with PMI Kerala chapter as Director and Vice President – Professional Development.
He is an industry proven management consultant having expertise in IT Delivery, Technology and Process Excellence. Santhosh is a keynote speaker and panelist at Project Management and Agile conferences.
About Disciplined Agile (DA)
Disciplined Agile (DA) is a process-decision toolkit that provides straightforward guidance to help people, teams, and organizations to streamline their processes in a context-sensitive manner.
DA is the most comprehensive agile and lean body of knowledge in existence. It can be used as a toolkit to help you to choose your way of working (WoW) for the unique situation that you find yourself in.
DA is a people-first, learning-oriented hybrid agile approach to IT solution delivery.
DA describes how to effectively combine strategies from Scrum, Agile Modeling, Extreme Programming, Kanban, Agile Data, SAFe, and many others in tailorable and scalable manner.
DA provides a solid foundation for business agility by showing how the various activities such as Solution Delivery (software development), IT Operations, Enterprise Architecture, Portfolio Management, Security, Finance, Procurement and many others work together.